Friday, April 27, 2012

Every Good Thing Must Come to an End

I can't believe it-today is my last day in the Dominican Republic! This semester really flew by. Today is truly bittersweet, one minute I'm really excited to finally see my friends and family and be back in the States; but then the next minute I think about needing to leave all my friends and my life here and that's so sad! Well, here is a list of the main things that are contributing to my mixed emotions.

Reasons why I don't want to leave the DR:

1.) Leaving Spanish-I'm nervous that all quickly become out of practice with talking in Spanish! Plus, the challenge of speaking Spanish is kind of fun...especially when I succeed!
2.) The music-I love the music here! It's always loud and it's always everywhere. 
 3.) The dancing- The Dominicans really know what's up when it comes to dancing. Whether it's in a club, at an outdoor concert, or in the middle of the park Dominicans are dancing merengue, bachata, and dembow. I love the rythm that's constantly around me. 
4.) My friends here! I'm so sad to leave the other American students who I met here as well as all the Dominican friends I have here!
5.) The beaches!
6.) The culture-from brightly colored buildings to very friendly people, everything about Dominican culture is vibrant and alive.

 

 Favorite Dominican! Mine and Melanie's big brother who always had our backs!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Holding a monkey on Juan Dolio Beach!!

 

 

 

 

 

 Operation Christmas Child distribution! Can that get any cuter??

 

 

 

 

 

Reasons why I'm excited to go home:

1.) To see my family and friends!
2.) ICED COFFEE FROM DUNKIN DONUTS OR STARBUCKS!
3.) Not smelling garbage everywhere I walk from large piles of rotting on the side of the road
4.) Driving and independence
5.) Not needing to explain to someone new everyday that I have a boyfriend in the States, and no I do not believe it's acceptable to have one boyfriend in the States and one boyfriend in the DR even though Dominican guys do that all the time!


See you all soon! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment